Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sausage and Peppers

Hey All,

So here's another great one for a busy weeknight. Tonight wasn't so much busy as it was stressed out. It was a miserable afternoon, furnaces trying to melt down, people with poor impulse control saying whatever the fuck they want, and an overwhelming feeling of "Shit, that sure sucked balls, I don't wanna cook!"

So of course, its my boys to the rescue....yes, I've taken to referring to my husbear and bro as "My boys". That's right bitches, they're my boys, I'll only share with their family!

This recipe, or whatever it is, its more of a throw it in a skillet type affair, comes from a long history in husbear's family. The first time I had this, his Dad prepared it for us over spaghetti squash....oh yeah, total yum. We do it over spaghetti here, but the effect is still delicious.

Cut up 6 small peppers of assorted colors. Also 1/2 to 1 sweet onion. I've done it with yellow, but I think white or sweet work better.

So get some oil going in a skillet. Cut up 2 packages of hot links sausage (or good hot Italian sausage) and give them a toss. Next in with the peppers and onions. Add a good dollop of prepared pesto (you know the stuff in the jar) give a stir, and let it all sweat together.

Serve over pasta or spaghetti squash and TA DA! A good crusty bread is a nice touch, but not 100% necessary.

So there you have it. Another easy one for those "fuck this" kind of days.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds really yummy. I bet it'd be good with a little red sauce thrown in instead of pesto and mixed with some penne. hmmmmm.... Maybe for dinner tomorrow! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete