Sunday, March 27, 2011

First order of business

Hey All,

I'm finally sitting down to write. Its been a long couple of weeks, and that's OK. A lot of really fun and exciting, and some not so exciting stuff has happened. Work has been its usual drudgery with a couple of extra helpings of drama. I also got to judge my first regional science fair on Friday. That was a lot of fun and I'm really excited to see budding young scientists, and a few with an interest in food science....that's some cool stuff right there.

So before we start with the beef broccoli recipe, I found a photo from a while back I had to share. It was a scampi type affair I did and it was delicious. The mussels were from Global Supermarket and they were delicious....big, tender, and the flavor was that perfect subtle sweet that I've only had in New York City. It was all done in a traditional scampi butter with the addition of a couple of roma tomatoes. I've actually been pleased with the romas I've been getting lately. I associate romas with poor flavor and cruddy texture. These that I have been getting, although they do look a bit rough on the outside, have actually had good flavor and texture. They still aren't garden fresh tomatoes, but they'll do in the ends of winter when I need to remember brighter days are coming.

We also broke down and replaced the old green plates. Two of them are still running around, but the rest got broke. I've still got the yellow ones, that while they brighten up the kitchen nicely, they really do make for some unappealing looking photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment