Saturday, March 5, 2011

I think I'm turning Japanese....

Hey All,

So husbear is well recovering from surgery. It went smoothly and he's in a lot less pain than he was before the surgery. YAY! And I'm happy to report my impression of Carpal Tunnel Release surgery is dramatically improved. It was quick, out-patient, and he's going great! We've been gorging on lots of easy, junky food. Today, I'm craving seaweed, so apparently, its time for something a bit healthier. He's craving meat, a sign that he's recovering and needs the protein.

So here's the plan. We're having Evergreen House for lunch. He's also been craving mushroom stem and broccoli, which in turn has me craving sweet and sour soybean. Evergreen's food is just amazing....the mushroom stem is always a big hit, and we always snag a bag to bring home for making stroganoff.

Tonight, I was initially thinking about making natto omelettes. I know many of you are going, "Eww, gross, natto is nasty!" Well, for me, mixing it in a well seasoned rice, or making these omelettes is a great way to get its purported health benefits. Of course, consume what you make, that shit gets stinky gross after it sits for a day or more. I'll be stopping by Global Supermarket to get the furikake seasoning and some nori....I'll be a happy kid tonight!

So we'll do those, some take out from Hayai Zushi, which in case you didn't know, is owned by Peggy of Ichibahn fame. I'm sad to report, I haven't been to Ichibahn since she left. The food quality has gone to hell and the place lost its charm...

Add to that a good petit filet and we've got ourselves an awesome dinner :) This one isn't as budget friendly, the omelettes, yes, but the filets and sushi are not as budget friendly.

And here's how it turned out: I forgot to salt my omelette, whoops, but husbear's was perfect for him. Oh and had some leftover asparagus that I wrapped in foil with a splash of garlic wine vinegar and threw on the grill. Husbear was giving me a bad time that Anne Burrell might be reading, so I best plate well. Its a bit messy, but it still tasted good! So I took a picture. PERFECTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment