Thursday, November 25, 2010

Whipped Cream...the chemists' way

Hey All,

I hope you are having a fabulous Thanksgiving! We are here at chez 825....the first of the guests have arrived and we are enjoying some wine.  Its not an expensive one, Lindeman's Cawarra, which is a Carbernet Shiraz I just adore.  Really intense fruit flavors and that perfect bit of oak.


It is the typical feast at chez 825....bacon wrapped lavender and cranberry stuffed turkey, garlic mashed potatoes ala Julia Child made by fellow foodie, Lushus, a green been casserole with nothing out of a tin, also a Lushus dish, and the amazingly huge mushrooms I get at NPS stuffed with spinach, onion, and topped with homemade mozarella and "sum sorta Italian"...a cheese I made this summer.

We also just had to try something new, and I think it will forever remain in our holiday repetior (sp?).  Chocolate Orange Whipped cream....  Do this in a whipper (my favorite way to make whipped cream).  The folks over at Creamright/Waterline Marketing actually have the best affordable whippers I've been able to find...and they supply chargers, which is often in and of itself the hard part of making whipped cream the way chemists do :)  I use the Mosa half pint to make 1 cup of cream.

So here's what I did....a couple hours ago... 1 cup cream, 3 Tblsp granulated sugar, 2 Tblsp cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon orange oil.  Let it sit for a couple hours to all dissolved, shaking helps too.

This has me thinking about fun ideas while my family is here over Christmas...like mint whipped cream for the hot cocoa :)

My guests and fiance have informed me I need to come back to the party.

I hope you all are having an amazing Thanksgiving....we have lots to be thankful for!

Got any fun/amazing whipped cream ideas?  I'd love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. I added maple syrup to my whipped cream for a bourbon pecan pie once. I used a hand mixer. But it was yum!

    ReplyDelete