Friday, November 26, 2010

And well, the unpleasant side of the holidays...the flu!

Hey All,

So there is also this unpleasant part of this time of year that brings on the flu.  I know, ughhh....  I'm on a bit of a blog binge tonight, so I thought I'd share some recipes for aromatherapy blends to help....any of these can be worked into a creme base or diluted as oil....it's up to you.  I'll tell you what I do.  Really, any aromatherapy, yes even the chemicaly yucky stuff helps...my preference is to stick with pure essential oils.

2 very good sources, although check the fine print, Liberty requires a $50 order, are Kobashi Essential Oils and Liberty Natural.

Theives Oil
200 drops clove
175 drops lemon
100 drops cinnamon
75 drops eucalyptus radiata or cajaput
50 drops of rosemary

My favorite dilution of this for 10ml total:
8 drops clove
7 drops lemon
4 drops cinnamon
3 drops Euc. Radiata or cajaput
2 drops rosemary

I've also experimented with using Litsea Cubeba instead of lemon and Euc. Citriodora instead of Euc. Radiata....it smells really lemony that way...but yummy!

The best for me in the moment of "Oh Sh!t, I have a cold..." for chest and sinus stuff.  Dilute this in a 10ml roller bottled and enjoy:

1 drop peppermint (williamette valley being my fave)
2 drops spruce (good ol' Tsuga Canadensis, don't need the Picea Mariana fanciness)
3 drops lavender (yes, use a good lavender, not a lavandin)
4 drops Cypress
5 drops Pine
6 drops Marjoram
7 drops Myrtle (I prefer Myrtle linalool)
3 drops Euc. Globulous
3 drops Euc. Radiata
3 drops Euc Citriodora

And when things are really bad....in 5 ml of carrier
1 drop Lemon
2 drops Wintergreen
3 drops Peppermint
4 drops Euc. Radiata
4 drops Ravensara

I hope you all have good health.....better to have and not need than need and not have!

No comments:

Post a Comment