Friday, November 26, 2010

The Best Turkey Sandwiches

Hey All,

I hope you had an awesome holiday full of food...and plenty of leftovers.  Our military strength turkey definitely left us with plenty of meat, and it is only traditional to have Turkey Sandwiches, right?  So here's a few ideas for my favorites.  My favorites are simple, a reminder of the simplicity I grew up celebrating with.  I'm sure other more extravagant sandwiches exist, so let's hear yours! 

All of these are done on a thick sliced white bread, StoneGround Bakery is my favorite.  Another variation that brings back fond memories of my Grandmother is to make them on Roman Meal 12-Grain.

The simple Day After Sandwich
  • A mountain of turkey
  • A good slather of Mayo (I don't care for Miracle whip, the sour from the vinegar doesn't taste right to me)
  • Lots of black pepper...enough to cover the mayo
Day After Thanksgiving  on bread
  • A mountain of turkey
  • A good slather of Mayo
  • A thin layer of stuffing
  • A thin layer of jellied cranberries
Mom's Hot Turkey Sandwiches
  • Reheated turkey
  • Reheated gravy
  • It may need a bit of salt
  • I like to do these open face...bread, turkey, gravy, sprinkle of salt...VIOLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment