Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Star of India.....lots of dining out

Hey All,

Its been a week of dining out, and doing it reasonably affordably. Dinner for two the past couple of nights hasn't exceeded $35, with tip, and yes, I usually tip at least $5 as a base.

Some stuff is going on that I'm not sure I can talk about in a public forum, well at least not until it becomes public record. No, no divorce, I'm not going to jail, or anything like that.... I'll explain once its over.

So last night we went to Star of India. My boss turned me onto this place when we were in the old location, as it was only a quick jaunt down the hill to have what he tells me is "real Indian food, not mislabeled Pakistani food". I'll have to trust him on that one, as up until moving to SLC, my exposure to Indian cuisine was minimal. Another one that gets high marks, although I haven't eaten there recently is Bombay Grill up in Ogden. We discovered this one on a lark, and my co-workers of Indian descent consider it to be the best...in fact one and his wife often schedule date nights to make the trek up there.

Ok, enough blather about that. I had shahi paneer and keema nan...YUM! I found this recipe over on Manjula's Kitchen. I've been a huge fan of hers for some time now, and finally get to link her :) So anyway, Star of India does theirs with almonds and a touch of raisin....delicious. The light sweetness of the dish went amazing with the Keema Nan. If you've never tried Star of India, I give it a high recommend for good food, afford-ability, and their awesome lunch buffet.

Tonight we wandered over to ESTE Pizza's Downtown Location. I'm not sure if I'm becoming picky or if I continue to be underwhelmed. Another coworker turned me onto this one, but I haven't found the same lust/desire/craving for it I do other places in the valley. Perhaps its that I'm not a huge Italian cuisine fan, save gnocchi, I think its the German and Irish blood in me; I simply adore dumplings of any sort. So not super high on my list, but not one that makes me run away in terror either....

This weekend we'll be hosting the "Mongolian Hoard"....ok, no, just quite a few friends for grilling. I'm also using this as an excuse to continue practicing sushi....not sure how much I'll document, but expect at least one or two pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment