Friday, February 18, 2011

Technology and its downside...so I'll cook

Hey All,

Well, husbear's carpal tunnel is kicking up really bad. Rolling through the angry shouting "ow! I HURT!" episodes. In other news, it finally happened...I found an el cheapo laptop that is currently running Mandriva live. I'll probably start making the OS decision and all that jazz over the next few days. I tried Kubuntu, I really like the look and feel of it, but I can't get it to negotiate with our wi-fi server. Mandriva, negotiates the wireless like a dream, but I don't like the way it relies on akonadi. Ahh, decisions, decisions...

Since he's dealing with a fuckton of pain, comfort food is on the menu. I'm frustrated that he isn't feeling well....but soon the surgery will happen.

First up is Alton Brown's Baked Mac 'n Cheese. I'm using shells instead of elbows.

And a mushroom salad but I'm using spinach instead of baby greens. Mushrooms are one of husbear's favorite foods....and mushrooms were cheap at NPS, so why not.

And since its tolerable outside and I'm in the 10min holding pattern while the cheese sauce thickens, I'm taking the laptop outside and typing away. This is exactly why I wanted one....so glad I made the decision to go for it. Now if we can just keep him from typing so darned much and inflaming himself further.

ETA: The mushroom salad is divine. I would say throw the mushrooms on it super hot, tho, and wilt that spinach good. It is amazingly tasty! The Mac 'n Cheese was a bit bitter, but still really good. A friend pointed out that cream cheese might be good instead of the milk, and I'm thinking I'll go half American on the next round.

No comments:

Post a Comment