Monday, February 21, 2011

Gotta Feed my Baby Brother....

Hey All,

Chez 825 is going to have a houseguest for a while. My middle brother is staying with us for a while while he gets situated in the Valley. Me, being big bro., and having that mothering instinct going since my formative years, am seeing a need to cook. Its an exciting move for him and his family, and I'm trying my best to help make the stress of these next few months easier for them. When you say your prayers tonight, say an extra one for 3DayChef's middle bro....having done it myself, its not an easy undertaking.

Last night we were talking recipes and meatloaf came up. So, my usual, egg, onion, oregano, a squirt of ketchup, a splash of Worchestershire Sauce, a splash of red wine. Instead of using a baking dish, I did something different. Making gravy out of a baking dish is ill advised and I have a mild paranoid freak out everytime I do it. So I put the taters and meatloaf in a skillet. Ta-da! When it came out of the oven, I pulled out the meatloaf and taters, threw it on a hot burner to brown the bits and viola, gravy sans paranoia that the Pyrex will go boom.

I had a bit of shredded cheddar leftover from last night, so I threw that on the taters.....and nuked the bag of green beans I scored at NPS a while ago and had tucked in the freezer.

So now my poor hardworking bro just needs to get home and dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment