Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shopping notes, a lazy saturday

Hey All,

So food at chez 825 has been awesome this week. Nothing new and noteworthy as far as recipes go, but we've been eating well. I forgot that I come from a pretty long line of foodies. Middle Bro., too, loves good food. He cooked some very nice meals for us on Thursday and Friday. Thursday was good old fashioned steak and potatoes....and damn good steaks!

Yesterday was a very lazy, and slightly hungover day. We spent Friday night staying up late drinking beer....it was a very enjoyable evening. So yesterday it was good ol' dominoes to provide caloric intake for the day.

After the shopping today, it was home to eat....damn, hunger sure can be a mood killer. Husbear made a take on the taco eggs with chili. Its a bit more mellow, but the flavor can't be beat. Probably half a cup of the chili in with 4 eggs...and viola. Served with biscuits and my beloved chipotle plum jam.

Tonight we'll be having a pork curry. Husbear always makes the best curries....simple, flavorful, and awesome over jasmine rice. I recently learned I can get jasmine rice for a great price at Global Supermarket (sorry, no link that I know of). Just ask, they are more than happy to get you a pound or two instead of a 50lb bag. She also had a great deal on frozen mussels, $5.19 for a pound and a half. So I'll have to get creative with those.

Later this week, I'll be revisiting the sweet-pepper shrimp. Costco had a reasonably good deal on edamame, so I'll be starting that meal with Spiced Edamame. This is a recipe I tried before and love.... For desert some Red Bean Cake...something new for my bro to try.

So not much new, just a couple of ideas brewing for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment