Thursday, November 1, 2012

Chard Scampi.....welcome Fall

Hey All,

A huge shout out to my readers in France, Germany, and Spain.  THANK YOU!  I'm touched that my recipes can inspire on the European continent too :)

So, let's talk chard scampi.....a brilliant moment and yum!

So what I did,

I harvested a good handful of chard.  Trimmed the leaves from the stems, cut the stems to fit in the bowl.  Top with part of a diced tomato, a generous helping of butter/margarine, garlic, plenty of salt, and a sprinkle of oregano.  Put in the microwave, push the "Vegetable" button and off we go.  The stems were just a hair undercooked, but had a nice crunch, the rest turned out great.....served with dry toast for sauce mopping, it was perfect!

Here's a picture of the dish before it went into the microwave:


It wilted down and tasted amazing.  I hope you all enjoy.

Speaking of chard, do you have a favorite recipe?  I'd love to hear it, several of my friends are also inundated with a great harvest and I'd love to share your ideas.

Lotsa Love,

3day

No comments:

Post a Comment