Thursday, March 8, 2018

GNOCCHI!

Hey All,

So I do stuff and junk, but I finally made Gnocchi and it worked.  I literally threw it all in a food processor, spun it together in the food processor until it stuck together, and pressed it out over a fork.  11 min in salted boiling water.  I did it 3 times to make sure!

One dish went to Nancy, Nancy brought me her square pan past Burning Man full of delicious with the promise I'd return it, I did this weekend (probably later than she'd have liked) full of spinach and chicken and gnocchi...Nancy knew Angelica before she died.  Ang always used to give me a lot of shit about being so young but cooking like I was an old woman.....she was "young" too, she was an inspiration and in my mind I still see her sitting on that chaise lounge at the Circle lounge, cattily pawing while all the boys just stared in wanton amazement!  Her hair and makeup were always flawless, her secret, it wasn't in the product, it was the careless way she literally threw it on because she was that beautiful!  God I miss that girl and her spirit....I feel honored that I was able to cook for us again, at least in spirit.  I miss you girl, happy Birthday weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment